This first lesson is your opportunity to give an overview of your favorite passtime or fandom - whatever you love that helps you de-stress.
After you watch the video, you'll have the opportunity to record your response. It's easy!
- Click on the green plus to record
- Tap the record button to start.
- Review your video to trim, rearrange, or add to it
- Take a selfie for teh cover image (right arrow to advance)
- Submit - edit your name and add a title, then submit
If you like, you can record your own custom video and import it. Do this using the button just to the right of the 'Record' icon (after you click the green plus).
- Stay on topic as much as possible
- Keep it at about 1.5 - 2 minutes
- Talk, don’t read notes
- Do your best but don’t overthink this!
The last bullet point is actually the most important one. There’s enough stress in the real world. I encourage you to take a deep breath, let it out slowly, and have confidence that you’re going to do just fine.
To learn a new skill takes practice. That’s what we’re doing today. Just practice speaking. I’m here to cheer you on and help you achieve the change you want. If this were soccer, I’d say, “Just give the ball a kick and we’ll get started.” Same thing applies here. You’ve got this, don’t you worry!
Get a copy of the worksheet: